Taxpayers may ask tax questions by calling the toll-free customer service line at 1-800-829-1040 for individual tax issues or 1-800-829-4933 for business-related tax issues. TTY/TDD users may call 1-800-829- 4059 to ask tax questions or to order forms and publications.
Does H&R Block answer questions for free?
Yes. Free help is available when you file taxes online with us. H&R Block provides online product support for a broad range of topics, including: Answers to tax questions.
Where can I get answers to tax questions?
For the fastest information, the IRS recommends finding answers to your tax questions online. You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or TTY: 1-800-829-4059. This option works best for less complex questions.
Does H&R Block offer free advice?
More than 50 tax experts from H&R Block will offer 24 hours of free tax advice. Taxpayers can call 1-866-HRBLOCK (1-866-472-5625) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with a tax expert for free personalized advice.
Who do I go to for tax advice?
10 Places to Find Free Tax Advice
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly program.
- IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers.
- Taxpayer Advocate Service.
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide program.
- MilTax program.
- Online tax-filing websites.
- Your local library.
How much does it cost at H&R Block?
Is H&R Block or TurboTax better?
|Additional state return fee||$44.99||$50|
How much does H&R Block cost to do your taxes?
|Cost of DIY filing||$0 – $109.99 +$44.99 per state return|
|Details||4 ways to file taxes Completely free option for simple tax situations at any income level Clear step-by-step guidance Upgradeable for instant access to a tax expert|
Can I file my 2020 taxes now?
Even in a normal economic environment, early tax filers usually try to file their taxes once they get their final pay stub of the year. However, Americans cannot legally file their tax returns for the prior year until January 1st, meaning you cannot file your taxes for 2020 until January 1, 2021.
Where do I call for a stimulus check question?
The IRS Economic Impact Payment phone number is 800-919-9835. You can call to speak with a live representative about your stimulus check. Be prepared to sit on hold, though. If the automated responses can’t answer your questions and you’d like to talk to a live operator, you may join a long waiting list.
What tax software is best?
Check out our top picks below.
- Best tax software for live personal support. TurboTax by Intuit. …
- Best multiplatform option. H&R Block. …
- Best tax software with refund insurance. Jackson Hewitt Online. …
- Best overall pricing. TaxSlayer. …
- Best free option. Credit Karma Tax. …
- Best accuracy guarantee. TaxAct. …
- Best pricing for audit support.
Is TurboTax or H&R Block better?
The two Deluxe options are $60 different (H&R Block’s is cheaper) but TurboTax’s Deluxe option supports more forms that self-employed, freelance and contract workers may need. Both services are user-friendly but TurboTax is slightly simpler with more straightforward language.
Can I ask H&R Block a question?
If you have questions, you may contact us or call 1-800-HRBLOCK. An H&R Block representative will respond to questions within a reasonable timeframe. When you update information, we may, however, maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
Which free online tax service is best?
The Best Tax Software Of 2021
- TurboTax — Best Tax Software for Ease of Use.
- TaxSlayer — Best Tax Software for Customer Support.
- H&R Block — Best Free Tax Software.
- H&R Block — Best Tax Software for the Self-Employed.
- Forbes Advisor Ratings.
- How To Choose an Online Tax Software Provider.
Where is the best place to get your taxes done?
- IRS Free File. If you’d prefer to avoid third-party software, you can always file directly with the IRS. …
- VITA or TCE. The IRS also offers free tax preparation services for those most in need. …
- H&R Block. …
- TurboTax. …
- TaxAct. …
- eSmart Tax. …
- TaxSlayer. …
- Credit Karma.
Who is the cheapest tax preparer?
9 Best and Cheapest Online Tax Services of 2021: Compare Free State and Federal Returns
- Best Value: TaxSlayer. …
- Best Free Option: FreeTaxUSA. …
- Best Free Audit Support: Credit Karma Tax. …
- Best for Simple Returns: Jackson Hewitt. …
- Best for Complex Returns: TurboTax. …
- Best for Experienced Tax Filers: Liberty Tax.
How much does tax advice cost?
The average cost of hiring a tax professional ranges from $146 to $457. Purchasing tax accounting software can be a less expensive option; it can be free (for simple returns) and for more complex filing options, it will generally cost less than $130.